Monday, January 25, 2016

1/25/16 - Bribery, futbol, and a bunch of baptism dates


Arabaina ry dadatoa sy nenitoa fa nahazo mpamaky kitahy ianareo! :)

Hey y'all! :) Wow.  I can't even describe to you guys my feelings of this past week.  It was crazy mifangaro (mixed up) week.  Not a big letter today but let's check da highlights!!

- Sambatra was walking home late one night, around 10:00 and the cops saw him.  They asked him for his ID and he didn't have it on him so they took him to prison. When I heard that I was just so mad. Cops here are soo lame.  Sambatra is such a good guy.  They said that he has to pay 200,000 ari ari to get out. We went to the station to go see him and the big guy at the gate wouldn't let me in because I didn't have a judge note.  I was able to bribe him and then he let me in.  Haha.  Don't be alarmed.  That's how things work here.  Sambatra looked so scared.  We got him some food and a Book of Mormon to read and what was funny was the officer started asking questions about the book.  Sambatra told him that when he gets out that he would give him the Book of Mormon. This whole trial took a couple days of work.

- Lea is a wonderful daughter of God.  I talked to President Foote about her and he said that we can baptize her!  Her mom is active but does not have a calling yet.  President and Bishop agreed that when Lea's mom has a calling that we will baptize Lea! 

- On Thursday we had a zone futbol activity! Wayyy fun!  We got to play on that way nice turf field again. Senior comps won! Woo hoo!

- There was a world-wide mission conference and it was incredible!!  That was on Friday.  I loved Elder Bednar's talk about the role of the holy ghost. We can bring the gospel message to the people but they have to allow it into their heart.  They need to invite the spirit in.  The spirit is so important in the miracle of conversion.

- We had a great turn out of investigators at church. Janine came with Ianta and her two daughters. They have all accepted baptism dates.  Maritina has accepted a baptism date as well. Nimrode and Dola will have their baptism interviews this week and then next week they get baptized.

- The sisters in the district have been teaching this guy named Donne and I gave him a baptism interview last Saturday.  He is more than ready for baptism!  I had a great talk with him.  I felt the spirit with him and then he asked me to baptize him.  So Saturday I'll be doing that for him.

I probably only have three weeks left in this area. Ohh boyy... gotta rack up the member dinner appointments, get some people to sign my journal and take lots and lots of pictures.  Bye guys! Have a fantastic week!  Bisous bisous!

- Elder Mack


Tana north zone missionaries - Elder Mack in the green and white stripes with the hat.

Elder Mack at the beginning and end of the video
Elder Mack running with the yellow shoes
Elder Mack in the middle of the huddle facing the camera

Tana North Zone futbol activity

Tana missionaries getting ready to watch the world-wide missionary conference broadcast - elder Mack is on the back row.

Elder Mack on the last row, far left

The broadcast was moved outside for better reception - Elder Mack on the first row, far right



Tana Missionaries - Elder Mack by the tree on the last row

No comments:

Post a Comment