Thursday, September 18, 2014

9/18/14 - (MTC) Travel plans & Elder Scott

Manahoana Ianareo,
This week has been awesome! We are getting so close to departure and we are super excited.  We get our travel plans tomorrow so hopefully everything worked out and we got our visas and we are ready to head out to Madagascar. I'm not very excited for the thirty something hour flight though haha. It'll be cool though that I am with my whole district on the flight unless we don't get our visas and then we'll have to get reassigned to English missions for another transfer.  Let's hope that doesn't happen! A missionary in our zone didn't get their visa and they are a little upset but they are okay.  They are going to Indonesia and that mission rarely has problems but I guess they were out of luck this time.  I really hope everything goes well with ours.  Well this week we got a new teacher/role playing investigator! His name is Brother Burton and he is so cool! He is an EFY counselor and went to Madagascar for his mission.  He tells a lot of cool stories and is really good at teaching the language.  His investigator name is Lilaina and we started teaching him yesterday and he is very interested in the gospel and he's committed to reading the Book of Mormon and praying for the truth about it and Joseph Smith! I love teaching! It's sooo much fun! I can't wait to do it for real! What's cool though is the teachers are acting as one of their investigators that they had on their missions.  Same story and same problems! So it is really good practice.  The language is coming along great.  Me and Elder Tiu are at a good start for it and overall we can understand our investigators and say what we need to.  There is still ALOT I need work on but I feel I am somewhat at a good start for the field.  This week we got to hear from an Apostle! The MTC hasn't had one in like 12 weeks! Richard G. Scott spoke to us about prayer! He is such an awesome man! The first thing he said when he got up to the pulpit was, "Missionaries, don't just have a good mission, have a BLAST!" So cool hearing that from an Apostle! Well, overall, it was a great week! Can't wait for this next week! GETTING CLOSE TO DEPARTURE WEEK! WOOT WOOT!

Veluma,
Elder Mack
http://www.mormon.org/me/G4D0

This picture was taken this morning.  I'm rockin my lavalava.

Soooo this picture we were calling each other "foitra botos".  I don't know where it came from.  I think Cooley came up with it somehow then Brother Burton said, "Are you saying belly button scoundrels?" Then Elder Cooley said, "Ah, so were calling each other belly button scoundrels?" Haha we're so dumb! Burton was laughing so hard he wrote it on the board!

Elder Tiu and I were walking around and just decided to take pictures with statues.  In this picture we pretended we got run over by the bikers.

In this picture Elder Evans and I are trying to look like Joseph.
The Madagascar flag

I took this one because it reminded me of my Grandpa Poliahu.  He got a special blessing from Matthew Cowley when he was 11 years old and was in a terrible accident.

My modeling pose smolder. 

Elder Tiu's model pose. 
  
I saw Elder Christensen (Argentina) from my home ward after the devotional 

Same tie just different color.  Yup, we're twins.