Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9/11/14 - (MTC) Cave man talk

Manahoana! (Hello)
This week has been awesome!  I feel like the language is starting to really kick in.  Me and my companion Elder Tiu are starting to understand our teachers as they talk!  We can give lessons pretty well but it’s still really hard.  But it’s coming.  The way we talk right now is kind of like cave man talk.  It sounds like, "plan of salvation good", "me and you want eternal life".  Stuff like that haha.  At least our investigators understand us right?  We’re getting better.  I read on a missionary blog before I came to the MTC that learning Malagasy is like talking Yoda.   It’s hard to always talk like that!  The grammar is very different too but it’s starting to sink in.  With 12 hrs of class each day it better start sinking in!  Well, this morning I was able to go to the temple again!  Oh how I love to go! Such a beautiful place!  This past Tuesday we got to hear from Elder Joseph Sahati from the 70s and he gave a great talk on staying out of the dark alleys of the world and remembering that you are a representative of Jesus Christ.  I know that I am a representative of Jesus Christ.  I also know that I am representing the Mack name.  I will make all of you proud and work my absolute darndest for the people of Madagascar.  I am still kinda living in my dumb high school mind but I know with the Lords help, he will give me the strength I need to accomplish all things.  Alma 26:12!  Hey guess what? I memorized that scripture in Malagasy! Cool right! haha  Well, I love you all!

Veluma,
Elder Mack
http://www.mormon.org/me/G4D0

In a letter to Elder Mack this week I asked to see his bed, his room, his classroom, etc.  So that's why he took the pictures he did.  We got him a new camera this week.  Hopefully no more blurry pictures.  It came back with some videos on it.  Yea!!   :)  - Mama Mack

Testimony in Malagasy (video)


Elder Mack & Elder Snell singing 'Nearer My God to Thee'



Classroom and teacher
Elder Stringfellow

 My bed

Care packages.  Thank you everyone.

Roommates
I found my twin - Elder Mack & Elder Snell

Can you tell we are dripping wet?  Outside for exercise and it was pouring.  With Elder Evans and Elder Kelsch.