Monday, March 16, 2015

3/16/15 - Antsirabe, I'm a Mom, Honesty

Soooo, hey! :p haha

How y'all doing!?  Big, big news!!  I'm a mom!!!  Haha. We got transfer news this week and I is OUT OF HERE!!!!  I'm heading to Antsirabe to meet my daughter Elder Gariki tomorrow!  I heard he's Tahitian and a baller!  He just got out of training and I'll be his second companion.  Super stoked!  First time being Senior Companion..... yikes... wish me luck! :p  Best part, I'LL BE WITH MY DADDY ELDER LEHR!!!! WOOT WOOT!!  Oh my goodness I was so happy yesterday!  I called him last night and we started screaming like teenage girls. :p What what!  haha  No shame!  Elder Connault is going to Tamatave.  He will finish his mission there.  Elder Glazier will head to Tana and will be with a Tahitian comp too.  So that's swag!  One thing too that I heard is that I will be driving (yes, a car) in my area!  SKETCHY!!  Haha.  Mom are you excited for me to drive in a place with no rules on the road?!  :p  Antsirabe is about 6 hours away and I leave tomorrow morning.  Super stoked!  (Mom:  A mission mom is mission talk for being someone's second trainer.  That person would be your mission daughter.) 
For the word of the week how about a phrase?  Sound good?  Yah it does!  "Tsy mba fantako!" (Tsee-bah-fahn-tah-ku) means "I don't know!"  I used this one a lot.  Haha.  I'm pretty sure you guys will know how to use that so no explanation needed right!? :p Cool beans! Milay tsaramaso!  (Mom:  The translator says it means, 'good beans'.  Haha.)
This past week we had zone conference and it was way good!  President Adams came down and helped us work on how to ask questions to investigators to help them really understand what our message is. There are a lot of people here that just nod their head and smile but we really want them to understand.  We also got to watch the Meet the Mormons movie which was WAY good!  It made me a little trunky though.... :p joke haha  Oh, another cool thing that happened is that since Elder Snell (MTC bestie) is in the same zone, we got to see each other again!  Super swag!  It was so good to see him!  He is way good at Malagasy now!! He's a hard worker.  I will include a picture!  One of the things that stuck out to me in zone conference was the topic of honesty.  President said that a true man is honest and has integrity. Be honest in your everyday lives.  Choose to have integrity whether it be something little or something big.  I really recommend y'all reading "Becoming Men and Women of Integrity" by Tad R. Callister.  Way good talk!  Zone conference was definitely the highlight of the week!
Sorry about complaining about the branch last week... :/  Things have cooled down. The missionaries went to all the meetings and things were just fine. I have no idea what happened two weeks ago!  Crazy...

Hey, so Landy ended up getting baptized on Saturday! Yay!  I will include pictures! haha  Super glad that I ended this area off with a baptism!  She was ready! :)

Yesterday it was kinda sad saying goodbye to everyone.  There were some people that I didn't get to say goodbye to.  It hurts to say goodbye.  Maybe for the rest of my life.  Poor Danny he started crying when he found out that I was leaving.  :/  I love Danny.  He's a stud.  I'll miss him. Super sad that I won't be able to see his baptism but Elder Hammer promised pictures.  Fianarantsoa has been great but now I'm ready to spread my wings and fly to a new area, experience a new town, with new people, a new dialect, etc.  It was fun but I is OUT!!! :p  Y'all have a great week!  Love you guys! Can't wait to tell you all about my new area next week!

-Elder Mack

P.S. Mom, don't worry I cut the nail :p "Manajà ny rainao sy ny reninao." (Mom:  Translator says it means something like, "Courtesy of your father and your mother."  Silly Elder Mack.  He keeps making me look up phrases.  Glad that nail is gone son.)


Went on a sweet hike for P-day.  Farewell Atarandolo!  (Mom:  When I was email chatting this morning I asked him how he got up on that tall tree stump and he said, "Psh.  I'm a lemur mom!")

My pinky nail!  Fomba gasy (it is the Malagasy way).  "You got troll hands" - from his real father.
Tolotra and her family
My man Elder Snell
Bisous Bisous (Mom:  Literally it means "kiss kiss" in French.  It is said when parting with someone whose company you truly enjoy.

Tastes like chicken.  Joke.  Elder Hammer

Elder Mack
Landy's baptism

Tarsile and Onja!  Mamasile is so funny.  I asked her why she didn't smile and she said, "Because I don't have any teeth."  Good answer.
Saying goodbye to Danny and Tahina

Elder Connault looks like a tourist

 

No comments:

Post a Comment