Monday, July 13, 2015

7/13/15 - Malagasy is my spiritual language

YOOOO!!!  Mi ting se bae kat one pikinini...
 
Hey y'all!  So Elder Iata has been teaching me some Bislama.  I'm horrible right now but I think if I keep him for another transfer, I'll be way better at it!  Haha!  Yah so transfers are next week.  I kinda heard from a little birdie that Iata will leaving and that I'll be training...  Yikes!  Am I ready for that?  I HOPE SO!  Well let's get to the week shall we?

Monday:  Some investigators invited us over for lunch.  We ate and sang.  I brought my ukulele.  We played some basketball after at the church office.  The way home kinda sucked because the taxi be that we took happened to be one of those that allowed smoking... yikes..

Tuesday:  The highlight of the day has to be when we taught Victor.  If you guys remember him he is the one that I played guitar with.  He is a way cool investigator!  He actually read the pamphlet we gave him and he understood it!  He told me that he and his wife were taking turns reading it to each other.  Way cool.  We showed him that we brought a Book of Mormon for him and he gasped!  Haha!  Best reaction evahh!  We gave him homework to prepare for the next lesson which will be 'The Plan of Salvation'.

Wednesday:  I had a weird experience today.  I met a guy who was a little drunk and he thought I was Jesus.  Yikes.  Flattering but yikes.  I met him at a shop and he had his two kids with him.  He told me, "Give me your hand, Lord".  I didn't know where this was going so I gave it to him.  Then he placed my hand on both of his kids and blessed them with my hand.  He said, "Thankyou Lord"!  I said, "God Bless!" and I was gone.  He was drunk.  Haha!  We ended our day with a soire at Fi's!  Way fun.

Thursday:  So last week I talked about a less active couple that we found.  Well we found out their problem.  So they had callings before they became less active but they said that they were a little lazy will their calling.  President Nirina gave a talk in Sacrament meeting one time and he shared the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 107: 99-100.  They heard the words, "Let every man do their duty" and "He that is slothful shall not be counted worthy to stand."  When they heard that they felt like they didn't have a place anymore in the Kingdom of God, and went less active... Yikes... We tried talking to them and talking about the beauty of the Atonement but they are a little unshakable right now... Pray for them?

Friday:  We taught Mamy Niring and his wife again. The wife is way cool but the husband needs a little faith and desire.  He told us he can't come on Sundays because he has to cut grass and feed his cows.  It is hard work.  I know, I've done it.  So we asked him if we could come and help him Saturday and there would already be food on Sunday for the cows but he tried to think of all possible reasons why we could not help.  He said, "I don't have another cutter."  Us: "We can borrow one from a member."  Him: "The place is too far for you."  Us: "We walk far every day."  Him: "This is hard work."  Us: "We're buff."  Then he told us he didn't want help and left it at that.  Eh, the wife is cool!  Haha!  Then we went to Yaingo and are just preparing her and her daughter for baptism. They have been diligent in coming to church so they will be baptized on August 15!  Yay!

Saturday:  I slayed Dadabe Andre for drinking coffee.  Haha!  I won't go into detail. :p  We set a baptism date for Alexander and his son.  He has really been receiving all the teachings very well and he will be baptized before I leave this area.  Woo hoo!

Sunday:  I got asked to give a talk today in sacrament meeting about the priesthood.  I like giving talks in Malagasy a lot better than English.  Haha!  Malagasy is my spiritual language.  :p  After church we taught Tsimba's family.  The sister is way cool and understands what we're teaching.  The brother is very hard-headed and is always trying to pick a fight.  Of course he can't beat the truth but he still tries :p  He told me that people just made up the story of Joseph Smith and I was trying to tell him, "Yah, people may not believe this at first, like, I mean, it's CRAZY!  So how can you find out? PRAYER!"  Then he started going off about prayer and it was getting a little frustrating.

Well, that's all folks!  Hope y'all have a great week!  Thank you all for your prayers, your love, and your support.  I can feel it 10,500 miles away! :) 
 
Bisous Bisous,
Elder Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment