Monday, February 22, 2016

2/22/16 - Angels, Goals, & Rock Stars

It is HAWTTTT!!!!!  Raha mamay foana de ho faty aho!

Hey y'all!!  This area is gorgeous!  I love love love proselyting here.  It is a lot different than my other areas!  Mahajanga people love accepting missionaries.  The hard thing here is to get them to progress.  We are teaching some cool people here and I am way excited to tell you guys about them. This will be a different challenge that I am so ready to take on!  I hit my chick mish date last week! That means the sisters in my group just all went home.  Way weird!  I only have 6 months to go!  No regrets and no turning back!

- The first family I got to visit with last Monday was Abela, who is the first counselor.  He is so converted!  He loves this gospel and loves having the missionaries over to learn more.  He is from Tana so I understand him the best.  Haha!  He has the cutest daughter!  Her name is Ange!  She is 7 and became my best friend right away. Haha!

- We got to visit a lot of members and I got to introduce myself.  I'm still trying to get used to the new dialect.  It's not too hard but still it trips out my brain sometimes.  Haha!  I got to bear my testimony to them and shared with them the scripture in Alma 13:24 and how there are angels all around us that are preparing our family, and friend's hearts for the gospel and that we need to work together to bring them to the knowledge of the truth.  I'm so excited to work with them!

- On my chick mish date, me and my companion made some great goals that we want to accomplish.  We have goals about following the little rules because through small and simple things are great things brought to pass.  We want to excercise everyday.  Me and my comp have push up competitions every night.  Rock, paper, scissors.  10 pushups fo da losah!!!  We want to never speak ill of anyone and write in our journals everyday. Then we want to have atleast 10 FLFs on the program before he goes home.  (Mom:  I think that means "father-led families")
- In a couple of weeks we are actually going to go back to Tana for zone conference and we'll be there for like a week.  That will be wayyy nice.

- One of my favorite investigators right now is probably Jullian.  He is a rock star!  He got all da instruments in his room and we jammed a little bit before the lesson.  We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he wanted one way bad!  We pulled one out of the bag and gave it to him and then he shook our hands thanking us.  He was soo excited!  After the lesson Elder Anderson said that that was the most interest he has ever showed in a lesson.

- My favorite member right now is Sistah Hardy!!  She is the former branch president's wife.  The branch president drowned recently and it has been a really hard time but she has shown soo much faith.  She is saving up right now to go to the temple and get sealed.

Well, love you guys!  Have a great week!  Bisous bisous!

-Elder Mack



Salema and his fam

Saying goodbye to Elder Davis

My favorite ginger is going home!

Carrying rice.  Wayyyy heavy!!!

My favorite restaurant

This is Martina and Medy!


This is Lea and her mom

Remember dis guy???  Bradah MITIA!!!


Bishop's daughters

Waiting at the airport terminal


On my way to Mahajanga




Outside of our house

Elder Anderson

Tongasoa eto any MAHAJANGA!!!!

I saw Mirado's girlfriend at church.  Haha!  She's here on vacation.

Elder Anderson

Muh paradise :)

I can finally take one of these pics

Me and muh comp

Beach!!!  Wow it's been awhile... 

No comments:

Post a Comment