Tena vonona mihitsy aho ho an'ny oniversite. Be dia be ny sipa any! SaingysaingyHey y'all! How's it goin!? This was our general conference weekend and WOW!!!! Soo good! It was definitely hard to choose a favorite. There were so many talks on the family which made me miss my fam a lot. But eh, I know they are partying without me. Haha! Elder Stevenson gave a great talk about Priesthood keys and how it is such a huge blessing that we don't have to be looking for those keys anymore. We are so blessed to be in these latter days. Never again will we ever lose those keys. It is such a comfort knowing that because of the priesthood keys that this church has that we are able to complete our own ordinances, our family ordinances, and to prepare for the eternities while here on earth. I love this gospel. I also loved the talk given by Stephen W. Owen. The best leaders are the best followers. I never really thought of myself as a leader but I know that following my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has helped me immensely in leading others to him. There were just soo soo many good talks. Don't worry I won't type all my notes in this letter. Haha! Here's a few highlights of my week:
- One of our mother and son investigators just got promoted to progressing investigators - Feno and his mom! This is so way cool because we had not taught them in a couple weeks because they were taking care of their 96 year-old grandma. This gave them a lot of downtime. When we stopped by again they were in the book of Alma!! Wow! Haha! Incredible! They also said they feel it's true and they accepted a baptism date for May 28. :)
- Natanael is doing great. He came to watch general conference, which was awesome. He accepted a baptism date for May 28 too.
- Joseline is so ready to be baptized. She can't wait for her baptism date to come already. She will get baptized on the 23rd of this month! Woo hoo!
- Right now we are teaching an Adventist pastor and he is honestly soo cool. I don't know if I will ever get to see him get baptized. He does get paid for his job. It's tough. He is really good at English and loves it when we come over. I have taught a few pastors on my mission and all of them have been so talkative and they never let us talk but this one is very good at listening. He really wants to learn. I hope to plant a good seed with him.
- One of Danio's friends wanted to learn about the gospel so we are teaching him. We shared the message of the restoration and he loved it. After the lesson he said, "I'm going to church with Danio." :)
- On Sunday, a random guy showed up to church. No one recognized him. We went and talked with him and he wanted us to teach him. We went over to his house and asked him the reason why he came to church. He pulled out a dusty Book of Mormon from his drawer. At first I thought he had been taught before by missionaries but he hadn't. He told us that when he was at his dad's house he saw the book and asked his father if he could take it home. He did. He started reading it and said that he felt it was important for him. That's why he came to church!
- We also found a less active member named Juliette. She said that she was way surprised to see us because just that day while she was washing clothes a question popped into her head about prayer. Not too long after that two white guys show up at her doorstep. :)
Hope you guys have a great week! The gospel is true! We got the keys! God is love! Bisous bisous!
|Our house got a new paintjob|
|I looked out my window and saw this guy dangling his legs. I thought about opening the window and grabbing his leg... Muahahaha!|
|This is our clerk Fabrice. We're BFFs.|
|This was so funny. The car couldn't go anywhere. Haha!|