Monday, June 13, 2016

6/13/16 - "Please bless my wonderful children as they preach the gospel"

EFA MATY AHO!!!!

Hey y'all!  First of all - Spence! Happy Birthday Kid! 

Well, this Saturday is transfers and then I start my  last transfer.  Man, that's so unreal!!  Tsy mino akory aho!!!  I just heard that Hunter Ensign from my home ward just getting back and I'm blown away because he left just right before I did.  Austin Barker gets back next month then yours truly... yikes.
 
Work rocks! Mahajanga is getting a little chilly but it's still not to the point that I need a sweater. Malagasies are so funny with the weather. They think that it's not supposed to rain during these months but its cloudy as heck and they laugh when I ask if it's going to rain.  They say "No!" and then it rains.... dang it.  Haha!  Don't worry mom - I am healthy.  It is very clean in this area. This IS the best area in the mission. We cook a lot at home and the food has been so good and so cheap!  I have had the best food in my mission here!  This week me and Cooley are going to take pills and drain ourselves of our worms.  Haha!  Don't worry mom, if they're there they don't bother us.  Our investigators are doing great.  I'll give you updates on a few and then call it good.

- There was a baptism yesterday for Braddah Sean!  He has learned from the missionaries for a while but had a problem with cigarettes which he finally overcame so he could be baptized! 
 
- Saholy, and her two kids Aniez and Carlos are so close to baptism. They were supposed to get baptized this Saturday but Aniez got sick and had to be taken to Tana to get help.  We have been praying for her and she is doing just fine now.  They plan to be back Tuesday and they hope they will be baptized next Saturday.  Their interview will be done this week too.  I love Saholy so much. We always call her mom because she likes to feed us.  Whenever we are with her she and she prays she always says, "Please bless my wonderful children as they preach the gospel."  I love it. :)
 
- So, we got a really cool referral from one of the members in Tana.  The referral is for a whole family.  The wife's name is Irina.  I still havn't met the husband because he's in Tana for a little longer and then he'll come up.  But Irina has already been to church twice and is way diligent in learning the gospel.  She has three young kids and brings them to primary.  She loves it.  Hardy is the Primary President and has been looking for new teachers.  I was joking around with her that I was going to baptize a new teacher just for her!  Haha!  

- Nirina is a very interesting investigator.  She is an Adventist and that's cool because I have never taught a progressing Adventist yet in my mission.  They are kind of like Jehovah Witness, very hard headed.  Haha!  But they are great.  Nirina has been curious about this church and has already accepted a Book of Mormon.  She has not asked any questions though.  She says she won't ask any questions until she finishes reading the Book of Mormon.  We already taught her many things, up to the plan of salvation.  We started teaching her the principles of the gospel including faith, and repentance but she already knew that.  She said she just needs to finish the book.  Since that was so important we decided that we would help her read when we come over.  That way she can finish the  book and hopefully progress more.  Maybe she will even start asking some questions.

Well, love you guys!  Congrats to my boy Dakota on his marriage!  You're awesome man!  Have a great week!

Elder Mack

 
MERICA!!



Doe coming with us to help teach!

Malagasies love smores!!

Love Birds ❤jklolz

Ralaibary is my swag homie

Left to right: Me, Antsa, Hery, Lunydah.  I was trying on Antsa's Harry Potter glasses.  Haha!

and Ralaibary.... POSE!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment