Monday, May 23, 2016

5/23/16 - Everyday you need spiritual exercise

Hey y'all!  Tsy mety mihetsika mihitsy ny tarehyko noho ny fotaka ao izao!
 
Hows everyone doin?  I'm great!  I'm tired... but happier than ever!!!  Congrats on Seminary Graduation Lindsay!  Love you my seester! :)  Muah!  Wow!  I can count the weeks I have left on my hands.  It's crazy!  10 left!

Mahajanga is kinda starting to get cold.  It's still not cold enough that I need a jacket or anything but I'm not sweating my face off in lessons anymore.  Haha!  I know in Tana missionaries are taking coats to work cause it's freezing.  Yikes...  How's the weather in Utah!?  Hot?  Nice?

The area is great.  We kinda had a rough week of getting dogged and stuff.  I don't know if it was just a bad week for people or what but we had no investigators to church yesterday... yikes...!  Where did everyone go?  Well, if you didn't see bad weeks then you wouldn't see the great weeks right?  We had a great lesson with Chaelle and Danio this past week though. We just finished the plan of salvation. We started talking about the steps we need to take here on earth so that we can return back to our Father in Heaven.  We know this requires faith, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.  During this lesson we focused on faith and how we can strengthen it. We used the example of exercising.  Those that love to excercise will run everyday and even work out like 3 times a week.  They want to see results. We teach our investigators and they want to know truth.  We tell them that they have to work for it.  We explained to them the scripture in Jacob 2:17 that faith without works is dead.  If they read the scriptures only once a week then it could be a while before they see results.  We gotta do it constantly.  Chaelle and Danio were really into the lesson and really expressed wanting to know the truth.  Chaelle turns to Danio during the lesson and says, "So, when are we going to be baptized?"  I was thinking, "Wow, that was so random and cool!"  Danio said, "When we are ready we will be."  :)  We told them that the best spiritual excercises are reading the scriptures and praying everyday.  They made the goal to be baptized in a couple months.  We'll see how it goes!  #gethuge

Sorry but I'll send pics next week.  I'm having issues trying to upload them. #madalife 

Love you guys!  Have a great week!

-Elder Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment