Monday, July 4, 2016

7/4/16 - Happy Independence Day to Madagascar & America!

(an email conversation with Elder Mack  and his dad early this morning)

Elder Mack: 
We got to watch fireworks for the Madagascar Independence Day on June 26.  Malagasies thought it was the coolest thing in the world.  Haha!  Things are good here.  I got sick and was out a couple of days but I'm fine now.  We had a good week.  My last baptism goal is July 23.  We have three people that we're working with to be ready for that.  It is so weird to think I will be leaving Mahajanga for Tana three weeks from today.  I know for a fact that I'm going to miss this place.  Saying goodbyes are way hard.  One of my favorite families just left on vacation and saying goodbye to them hurt.  They're all crying and I'm trying to hold it in.  Eesh!!  No more please!!  Haha!   How did you feel your last days on your mission?

Dad: 
It was hard thinking that I was probably never going to see these people again.  It was way hard to leave the mission.  Especially a place that is so far and removed from everything.  In a sense it is good that you leave and allow others to continue what you started.  Let them know you believe in them and love them.  Let them know that you are a better person for having the chance to know them.  It's tough.  Even leaving comps that you may never see again.  Leaving the mission is as shocking as it was when you left home for the mission.  Totally life changing.  Don't freak out.  Just accept the changes coming and align yourself with it.

Elder Mack:
I'll let them know.  It seems like I've been here forever and that I've become one with the people here and now I've got to adjust to my old life again.  I don't know if it's just me but whenever I run into a white guy over here I have a hard time talking to them.  I'm so used to being around Malagasies.

Dad:
It may take a little while to get used to seeing white people instead of Malagasies.  It may also be a little adjustment to speak JUST English.  The English you've been speaking is probably half-English, half-Malagasy.  It may be a little tough having to speak just English all the time.  And then you have to deal with the weird feelings of not being a missionary anymore.  It's going to be weird no doubt.  I think you'll find some comfort in hanging out with your mission friends when you get the chance. 

Elder Mack:
Haha!  That will be weird.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.  I even think in half-Malagasy.  I emailed Coleman and he said it's way weird.  I've got the white handbook drilled into my brain so that'll be weird to loosen that.  I'm all good though.  I'm not excited for the flight though... yikes.

Dad:
I know.  That's a long flight boy.  It'll go quick having your mission bros with you.  Enjoy your last month!  We are still praying for you and those whom you teach.  Never missed.  Have a great week.  Love you!

Elder Mack:
Love you too Pa! 

Madagascar Independence Day fireworks


Ooooohhhh,,,.. aaaaahhhh!

This is Irina and PIKACHU!!!

Felicia and my Mada grandma!  She makes fun of us because of how much cocoa we buy.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment